Thursday, August 25, 2011

Probably My Favorite Salad Ever.



As I was eating my salad at lunch today I began to feel guilty for partaking of something so yummy and not telling somebody about it.

A salad this simple, yet delicious, should be shared.

So I grabbed my cell phone and snapped a photo for you. I was too lazy to take a real picture.

It is my go to meal when it is just me and the kids here at home during the day. Or for dinner when my husband is away and I don't want to cook a big meal.

I was inspired by the "Strawberry Pecan Chicken Salad" at Longhorn. But was less than inspired by their salad's calorie count so I decided to try and create my own version.

This is what I came up with:



  • I'm not an iceburg fan so my favorite mix is this one by Fresh Express Salads.

    The perfect mix of Baby Spinach and Spring Mix.

  • Next I slice up some purple onion...lots of it. I heart purple onion.

  • Then I half a whole slew of seedless red grapes.

    *When in season I add strawberries as well and they only sweeten the pot.

  • Then I add some Reduced Fat Feta crumbles. Yum.



  • Then I top it with my favorite salad dressing.

    This dressing is to die for in my opinion.

    I love it so much I take it to restaurants. Don't be afraid to do this. Most restaurant dressings are oozing with pointless fat. And in my opinion they are tasteless. So I take my own and whip it out when my salad hits the table. It is light and delicous. Perfect.

    *Disclaimer: I cannot be held responsible for any embarrasment or shame you bring to your family by whipping out said salad dressing from the black hole that is your purse. It will be your responsibility to tell them to get over it. Be strong.



  • Lastly I top it with a few sprinkles of almond slivers.

    And there you have it. A simple yet healthy and delicious salad. Enjoy!

    PointsPlus for this meal:
    Salad:0
    Grapes:0
    Purple Onion:0
    1/4c. Reduced Fat Feta:2
    2 Tbsp.Kraft Light Done Right Balsamic Vinaigrette:1
    1 Serving (7grams) of Almond Accents:1


    I'm linking up here:

    It's a Keeper

    Tidy Mom






  • blog comments powered by Disqus
    Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
     

    E-Mealz Makes My Life Easier

    SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH E-MEALZ MEAL PLANS

    Compassion

    Sponsor a child online through Compassion's Christian child sponsorship ministry. Search for a child by age, gender, country, birthday, special needs and more.

    Get Half off and Free Shipping!

    The Inspired Room

    inspired room

    The Nester

    Melissa

    Lindsey

    Poppy

    Sweet Shot Tuesdays with Darcy

    Sweet Shot Day

    Lisa Leonard Designs...I have one..do you?

    Lisa

    Homeschool Village

    My funny Canadian friend

    Come on over to Bungalow'56!

    Edie

    lifeingrace

    Ruthanne {snort}

    Emily

    chatting at the sky

    Search My Blog

    Sometimes it's ok to be a follower

    grab a button!

    Mosaic of Grace

    Follow Me on Instagram

    Follow Me on Pinterest

    Follow Me on Pinterest

    Top Christian Women on Pinterest

    Popular Posts

    My tweets

    Grow Old With Me....The Best Is Yet To Come

    Grow Old With Me....The Best Is Yet To Come

    The Tenderness of God.....

    The Tenderness of God.....

    Tyler

    Tyler

    Maggie

    Maggie

    Aidan

    Aidan