So I will share here with you the things that I use and the resources that have helped me. If you are where I was a few years ago...transitioning from Point and Shoot to SLR...feel free to dip into my oh so shallow well of knowledge on this subject.
I currently shoot with a Canon Rebel XSi
These are the lenses that I use:
- Canon Telephoto 75-30mm This lens is great for outdoor shots of kids. Especially if you want to capture them from a distance naturally doing what they are doing as to not get "cheese" from them when they see the camera.
- Canon EF 50mm f1.8 II This lens is often referred to as a "Prime Lens"...or as "The best $100 bucks you will ever spend" I would have to agree. There is no zoom on this lens...it is set at 50mm. So you have to move more than you are used to with a zoom. It took me a while to learn how to feel this lens...But oh my word the pictures it takes! With such a low F-stop you can achieve that beautiful "bokeh" we all love. The berries above were taken with this lens.
- Canon EF 85mm f1.8 Medium Telephoto I do not own this lens...but you can probably sense that I intend to. Since we are making wish lists
drooling over things we don't haveI will go ahead and add this although I won't hold my breath. For now I will use what I have for post-editing.
Here are a few ladies that have a plethora of knowledge in this area. But don't just take my word for it:
- Pioneer Woman has great easy to understand Photo tutorials
- McKMama has a few great tutorials on how to achieve certain looks with Photoshop
- You can always stop by Ruthanne's for some eye candy...and a snazzy new strap from her Etsy shop to boot!
- Melissa is just super at explaining all things photography on my level..check her out too.
- And of course if you really want to do some droolin' head on over to Darcy's
my fabulous web designerand feast your eyes on her gorgeous photos...you might just learn a thing or two there too.